Monday, June 8, 2015

Questions to Ask the Doctor

Music Hosting - Free Audio - June 9, 2558 BE at 3.45.20 P...
The 10 Questions You Should Know
  1. What is the test for?
    Answer:  The test is to find the problems you are having as soon as possible.
    Answer:  The test is to see if your child is anemic.  The test is to check if your child has anemia.
    Answer:  The blood test is to check your antibodies for hepatitis B.
  2. How many times have you done this procedure?
    Answer:  Don't worry.  I have done this many times.
    Answer:  I have a lot of experience with this proCEdure.
  3. When will I get the results?
    Answer:  You will get the results after 4 hours.
    Answer:  You will get the results in about 1 hour.
  4. Why do I need this treatment?
    Answer:  You need this treatment, because your temperature is high.
    Answer:  Your ultrasound is not normal.  We need to perform a biopsy to diagnose your problem?
  5. Are there any other options?
    Answer:  Yes.  You also need to drink a lot of water and get plenty of rest.
    Answer:  No, you need to take the biopsy, and we need your results.
  6. What are the possible complications?
    Answer:  You might bleed a little.  You might bruise.
    Answer:  You might experience swelling.
  7. Which hospital is best for my needs?
    Answer:  The tumor hospital is best for you.
    Answer:  Van Hanh Hospital has everything you need.
  8. How do you spell the name of that drug?
  9. Are there any side effects?
    Answer:  The effects of Ibuprofen are stomachache and hypertension.
    Answer:  The effect of Ibuprofen is bleeding of the stomach.
  10. Will this medicine interact with medicines that I'm already taking?
    Answer:  Yes, this medicine has bad interactions with steroids and Aspirin.
Embed Music Files - Download Audio - June 9, 2558 BE at 4.46.58 P...

Questions to Ask Your Doctor

  1. What do you think is causing my problem
    Answer:  I think that the hot weather is causing your fever.
    Answer:  I think the weather change is causing your fever.
    Answer:  You have Hepatitis B so you may have liver cancer.
  2. Is there more than one condition (disease) that could be causing my problem
    Answer:  Yes, for example, the flu virus might be the cause of your problem.
    Answer:  No, there isn't.
  3. What tests will you do to diagnose the problem and which of the conditions is present?
    Answer:  I will give you a blood test.
    Answer:  I will give you an ultrasound.
  4. How good are the tests for diagnosing the problem and the conditions?
    Answer:  The test is 100% accurate.
  5. How safe are the tests?
    Answer:  It is completely safe.  There's nothing to worry about.
  1. Why do I have this condition? What is the long-term outlook with and without treatment?
    Answer:  You may have the Hepatitis B virus through blood transfer or sexual intercourse.
  1. What are my treatment options? How effective is each treatment option? What are the benefits versus risks of each treatment option?
    Answer:  You can take medication to reduce Hepatitis B.
  2. If my symptoms worsen, what should I do on my own? When should I contact you?
  3. Are you aware of each of the medications that I am taking? Can they adversely interact with the medications you are prescribing for me?
  4. Should we monitor for side effects of the medications that you are prescribing or for their interactions with other medications I am taking? 




Questions to Ask the Doctor 

Tests, such as blood tests or scans
  • What are the tests for?
  • How and when will I get the results?
  • Who do I contact if I don’t get the results? 
Treatment
  • Are there other ways to treat my condition?
  • What do you recommend?
  • Are there any side effects or risks? If so, what are they?
  • How long will I need treatment for?
  • How will I know if the treatment is working?
  • How effective is this treatment?
  • What will happen if I don’t have any treatment?
  • Is there anything I should stop or avoid doing?
  • Is there anything I can do to help myself?
What next 
  • What happens next?
  • Do I need to come back and see you? If so, when?
  • Who do I contact if things get worse?
  • Do you have any written information?
  • Where can I go for more information?
  • Is there a support group or any other source of help?  

Questions to Ask Your Doctor

About Your Symptoms or Diagnosis

  • What is the disease or condition?
  • How serious is my disease or condition and how will it affect my home and work life?
  • What is the short-term and long-term outcome for my disease or condition?
  • What caused the disease or condition?
  • Is there more than one disease or condition that could be causing my symptoms?
  • Should I be tested for a certain disease or condition?
  • What symptoms should I watch for?
  • How can I be tested for a disease or condition, and what will these tests tell me?
  • What tests will be involved in diagnosing my disease or condition?
  • How safe and accurate are the tests?
  • When will I get the test results?
  • Will I need more medical tests?
  • Do I need a follow-up visit and if so, when?
  • Do I need to take precautions to avoid infecting others?
  • How is the disease or condition treated?

About Your Treatment

  • What are my treatment options?
  • How long will the treatment take?
  • What is the cost of the treatment?
  • Which treatment is most common for my disease or condition?
  • Is there a generic form of my treatment and is it as effective?
  • What side effects can I expect?
  • What risks and benefits are associated with the treatment?
  • What would happen if I didn’t have any treatment?
  • What would happen if I delay my treatment?
  • Is there anything I should avoid during treatment?
  • What should I do if I have side effects?
  • How will I know if the medication is working?
  • What would I do if I miss a dose of medication?
  • Will my job or lifestyle be affected?
  • What is my short-term and long-term outcome?

If You Need Surgery

  • Why do I need surgery?
  • What surgical procedure are you recommending?
  • Is there more than one way of performing this surgery?
  • Are there alternatives to surgery?
  • How much will surgery cost?
  • What are the benefits of having surgery?
  • What are the risks of having surgery?
  • What if I don’t have this surgery?
  • Where can I get a second opinion?
  • What kind of anesthesia will I need?
  • How long will it take me to recover?
  • What are your qualifications?
  • How much experience do you have performing this surgery?
  • How long will I be in the hospital? 

No comments:

Post a Comment