Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Script - Joint Pain

Patient: Good morning Doctor Phuong.

Doctor: Yes, please come in.

Patient: Thank you. My name is Doug Smith.

Doctor: How may I help you today?

Patient: I've been having some pain in my joints, especially the knees.

Doctor: How long have you been having the pain?

Patient: I'd say it started three or four months ago. It's been getting worse recently.

Doctor: Are you having any other problems like weakness, fatigue or headaches?

Patient: Well I don't feel well in general.

Doctor: Right. How much physical activity do you get? Do you play any sports?

Patient: I like to play tennis about once a week. I take my dog on a walk every morning.

Doctor: OK. Let's have a look. Can you point to the area where you are having pain?


Key Vocabulary
joint pain
knees
weakness
fatigue
headache
physical activity
to play sports
to have pain

No comments:

Post a Comment